Thursday, September 1, 2011

Water Skiing

I never in a million years thought this would happen, but it did. Uncle Brian asked the kids if they wanted to water ski and Lily said yes! (just Lily). I will not lie, I was terrified. I have some pretty bad memories of water skiing (and some great ones). She was so brave and just ready to go. Brian pulled her on the ski's we learned on. They are tied together and have a rope with a handle tied to them. My Dad held the rope in the boat. When the kids are done or fall, he lets go. She got up on the first try and went all the way to Jamie's parent's house (really far!). She had her knees bent and her legs got tired, so she asked us to stop. After Lily went, the other kids wanted to try. Ben was hilarious! He turned 4 2 days before and tried to water ski! He couldn't stand all the way up, but that little man would NOT let go. I'll try to get the videos up here, but they're pretty long. When Aiden tried, Lily told him exactly what to do. When he got up and was skiing, he shouted into the boat, "Hey Lil, thanks for the advice!" SO CUTE!!!!! Needless to say, we were all SO proud!
The next day, they all tried again from the sandbar. It was easier because Danny stood up with the kids sitting on his shoulder. They simply stood up when the boat started moving. Genius! Brynn cried the whole time, terrified, but then was so proud of herself afterward. She later told Aunt MaryEllen, "I was smiling on the inside, I just couldn't let it out." Love it!

Lily & Aiden


Go girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment