Monday, September 5, 2011

Ugh, laundry

This is where I spent a lot of time during the first week. There is no dryer in this building. What we understood was a dryer in the basement was actually a drying room.....to use during the winter. A dryer is a BIG luxury in Germany, so we're using the balcony. When in Rome, right? It's really not that bad. It was just a shock. We had a lot of laundry when we got here and with the little washer, it took me a while to wash it all. Then it takes days to dry. If you get lucky and do laundry on a sunny morning, it might be dry by night. Then there was the day we ran through a rain storm and I got on the tram and realized that I had 2 loads on the rack getting drenched. I'm proud to say that I didn't cry. I put them back in the washer for another spin and they dried overnight and the ENTIRE next day. I've really got a system of flipping, moving and a softener that helps the clothes to be less crunchy. We'll live.

No comments:

Post a Comment