Sunday, September 4, 2011

CUBS GAME!!!!

The next stop on our trip was WRIGLEY FIELD!! The kids got to go to their first baseball game at the best field in the world.
*side note*
Matt is a White Sox fan, thus, we are in a mixed marriage. It can be challenging at times....like this day. At least I'm not a Packer's fan......eww.
*side note 2*
Sorry Matt. If only the White Sox field was not
1. named after a cell phone company
2. dirty
3. stocked with jerky people that attack, not only the other team, but their own.
*other side note*
The CEll DOES have mullet night, which I would love to go to. Way to embrace it people.
*even more side notes*
Matt was so cool about this. Thanks for being supportive, Sox fan!

Obviously, Ben was really excited.


Ready to go in!!



We had standing room tickets. We found a spot on a ramp up above 3rd base. It turned out to be a great spot for us because the kids could move around and no one noticed. We shared the most delicious, unhealthiest ball park treats. Ben especially enjoyed the peanuts. Correction: Ben enjoyed throwing peanut shells directly on the ground.
So, we see a few older, super cool ladies. They're decked out in their Cubs gear & drinking Old Style. Brian and I start getting sad and thinking about how much Grandma Josie would have loved to have been with us. Chicago-0, St. Louis-4. She would not have given two hoots about sitting on the ramp either. The previous week, my Mom had given me the last of Grandma's remaining Cubs jerseys. It fits me perfectly. It happened to be in my bag and I pulled it out, of course, Brian and I cry, and I swear to you, CRACK! The Cubs hit a home run. Cubs-1, Cardinals-4. Lily asks to wear the jersey.


It got pretty sappy :)



Cubs-3, Cards-4.
Larry King emerges from his time capsule to sing the seventh inning stretch.



Cont.......

No comments:

Post a Comment