Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Books

I have read more in the past month that I have in the past six years. Since becoming a mom, I have either been reading for school, to get my kids to sleep or sleeping myself. I had forgotten how great it feels to be completely immersed in a good book. So far, I've read:
When You're Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris (Hilarious, as always)
The Help by Kathry Stockett (full disclosure, I actually STOLE this book from the blue cottage. I picked it up because no one else was reading it and I had just finished the Sedaris book. I was hooked by page one. I HAD to finish it. I think I was done on the car ride from Michigan to Chicago. I gave it to my mom to read in Hilton Head & she is returning it to Aunt Mary Ellen)
Bossypants by Tina Fey

And I'm now half way through Water For Elephants.
Lily and I are also half way through Romona Quimby, Age 8 (one of my childhood favorites)

1 comment:

  1. Cate, I love reading about your German experiences. Keep posting the pictures. They are great! It's the next best thing to being there!

    ReplyDelete