Sunday, July 3, 2011

Packing......and more packing

As I'm packing things up to send to Chicago, Bonn and to get out of the way of the very fine family staying here while we're gone, I'm finding inspiration is a few places.

One: Ralphs (the grocery store). I was doing my regular shopping and realized that I need to scale back. I don't need 2 loaves of bread because we're going to be leaving soon. Oh my-lanta! We're leaving! (I then went home and cleared out shelves, emptied most of my dresser drawers and clicked into packing mode).
Two: This blog http://smallnotebook.org/2011/05/18/tips-to-travel-overseas-with-babies-and-kids/
Matt seems to think that we can be a savvy and pack just as light. Well, I am not this lady and it will no be happening. We're going to work at it and do our best, but there will be a hefty box of essentials being shipped over. I got a lot of ideas from this blog & have gotten some of the packing cubes to help keep our clothes organized.

We also have a month of travel to pack for BEFORE we go overseas. (justification)

No comments:

Post a Comment