Thursday, July 14, 2011

Home School...sort of

I'll be home schooling Lily while we're away. It just seemed cruel to put her into a German school for 4 months. There are English schools in Bonn, but we wanted the freedom to travel and not have the responsibility of a school schedule. We really wanted to stick with the curriculum that her fellow students will be getting this Fall. We also want Lily to feel like she's part of the class and help her transition back into the routine when we return. Luckily, she has an AMAZING teacher next year who has been so helpful. She has copied everything under the sun and given me a Fall packet. I'll be able to do a bit of school each day and help Lil to stay on track. Good thing she loves to learn and is a homework junky. (See? I did not clone her in a lab, she does have some of Matt's genes!) So thankful for her Kinder teacher for helping her to love school so much too! While Lily is having school time, I have some workbooks for Ben as well. I know, it's only preschool, but it'll be good for him to practice some of the basics.

Remember that part about "no responsibility?" Yeah, right.


Some books and workbooks going straight to Germany, not stopping in Chicago......or collecting $200.



And of course, RIck Steve's. We've been reading bits to the kids and they laugh and laugh. We tell them, "this is seriously how people talk in Germany. We're not just speaking gibberish!" The kids ask me to read one phrase over and over. It means, "the ATM has eaten my card." They think it's hilarious. This will be my bible.




No comments:

Post a Comment